California small business owners, there are COVID-19 relief grant opportunities that your business may qualify for! There’s only a short window of time to apply and receive this assistance so keep reading to learn the details.
As of December 30th, the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program opened applications to businesses within eligible counties in the state to receive financial assistance. If you would like to see if your county qualifies, click here.
This relief program will be offered in two rounds with applications closing for the first round on January 8th. The window to apply for the second round of grants has yet to be determined, but make sure to stay up to date by visiting this website.
Fortunately for first-round applicants, their applications will be rolled over into the next round so need to apply again if you did by January 8th!
Now, you need to verify that your business is eligible for this grant so make sure you check off the following requirements:
- Must meet the definition of an “eligible small business” or a “small non-profit”. This is a business that has a yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less (Additional details can be found on the website).
- Actively operating since at least June 1, 2019.
- Businesses must currently be operating or have a devised re-opening plan in place for when the State of California permits the re-opening of applicable businesses.
- Business must be impacted by COVID-19 interruptions such as closure and health and safety restrictions.
- Must be able to provide organizing 2018 or 2019 tax returns or Form 990s or a copy of official filing with the California Secretary of State, or local municipality for the business.
- Provide an acceptable form of government-issued photo ID.
You can find more extensive information about how grant recipients will be determined when you click here.
Before you apply, however, make sure your business documentation outlined in the checklist above is prepared and in order.
As for the amount of grant funding your business may qualify for, that comes down to your annual revenue as documented in your most recent tax return. Please reference the chart below to get an idea of the amount your business is likely to receive.
Do you own multiple businesses, franchises, locations, etc.? You will be considered for only one grant like other businesses and will be required to apply under the highest revenue grant opportunity.
As you may have noticed, this grant opportunity also extends to non-profits! So, if you run one, make sure to follow this outline about the non-profit program and application process.
So, don’t miss your opportunity to receive support for your local California business during this trying time!
If you are looking for assistance in applying for this financial support, we’re happy to help! Make sure to get in contact with your RevLocal consultant or strategist to get started.